The HN Ensemble (previously the Laboratorio Aperto Fatti Sonori), created in 1993 and directed by Dario Buccino, is dedicated to the study and performance of compositions written using the HN System®, and artistically related works.
Buccino's compositions are create in close collaboration with the members of the ensemble, using and valuing the performative resources and creative input of each individual.
The HN Ensemble has performed at the Internationale Ferienkurse für Neue Musik in Darmstadt, the Italienisches Kulturinstitut in Stuttgart, the Teatro La Fenice in Venice, the Auditorium Parco della Musica in Rome, the Fabbrica Europa in Florence, the Hessisches Landesmuseum in Darmstadt, the Associazione Curva Minore in Palermo, the Festival Oltrarno Atelier in Florence, the Harmonie Municipale in Saint-Denis, the Conservatorio Antonio Scontrino in Trapani, the Università degli Studi in Palermo, the Università IULM in Milan, the Scuola Universitaria Professionale SUPSI in Lugano, the Politecnico of Milan and other institutions.
- Dario Buccino: direction, HN percussion, voice, guitar, bass, banjo, piano, strings, resonating surfaces
- Cristina Abati: strings, voice, resonating surfaces
- Athena Corcoran-Tadd: algorithms execution, public relations
- Marco Crescimanno: voice, piano, HN steel sheet, resonating surfaces
- Gianni De Rosa: viola
- Lorenzo D'Erasmo: HN percussion and steel sheet, percussion
- Enrico Gabrielli: clarinet, HN steel sheet, resonating surfaces
- Renato Gatto: voice, HN steel sheet, resonating surfaces
- Veronique Franzen: flutes, clarinet, voice
- Raffaele Marsicano: trombone
- Sergio Montemagno: brass, voice
- Chiara Percivati: clarinets
- Emiliano Turazzi: clarinets
- Hannah Weisbach: oboe, HN steel sheet, resonating surfaces